Count down to Christmas 2020, Georgia Public Policy Foundation style!
12 Months of Insightful Commentary
- We’re committed to bringing you the best, most thought-provoking commentary on the issues affecting Georgians. Read through 2020’s publications here.
11 Committed Board Members
- 2020 saw the Foundation add two new, valued members to our Board of Trustees. Welcome, Jay Neely and Jeb Stewart! Learn more here.
10 million (plus!) Georgians
- Georgia’s population is on the rise! We added lots of new friends and neighbors this year.
9th Most Populated Metro Area
- Atlanta is growing too! The state capital is the ninthth most populous metro area in the country!
8 Successful Sessions of the 2020 Georgia Legislative Policy Forum.
- Held in-person since 2010, the event moved to Zoom this year because of COVID-19 restrictions. Watch the six policy sessions and opening and closing keynotes on the Foundation’s YouTube channel.
7th Place in the Frasier Institute’s Economic Freedom of North America Ranking
- Read more from Kyle Wingfield here.
6 Coworkers in the Office (and on Zoom)
- With the addition of Chris Denson (March) and Keara Vickers (September) the Georgia Public Policy Foundation is now a team of 6.
5% of Georgia Students Enrolled in Public Charter Schools
- That’s almost 80,000 students exercising options when it comes to their education!
4 Foundation Priorities
- This year, the Foundation selected four key priorities to take us into 2021. Look out for more independent, nonpartisan resources on Education Choice, Healthcare, Housing and Economic Opportunity in the new year!
3rd Consecutive Year on the Global ‘Best Independent Think Tanks” list
- A global survey of nearly 1,800 peer institutions and experts ranked the Georgia Public Policy Foundation one of the best independent think tanks for the third year running. Read more here.
2 Healthcare Waivers That Benefit All Georgians
- This year, the federal government approved Georgia’s healthcare waiver requests, both for Medicaid and the Affordable Care Act. Georgia blazed a trail on some much needed reform in 2020, and the future looks bright!
1 Big Anniversary to Look Forward To!
- 2020 has been a difficult year for everyone. There’s much to look forward to in the new year — and one of those things is the Foundation’s 30th Anniversary!